Here is a partial schedule of the Austin trip. The first few days are at World Horror Con.
Aside from a seminar on Friday afternoon with Brian Keene and the signing on Saturday night, I don’t have anything planned, so I will be strolling around as a fanboy, trying to meet some of my favorite writers and getting stuff signed.
Looking forward to catching up with the Hiram and Shroud folks. Also looking forward to meeting up with Gene O’Neill, who gave me the great cover blurb for Hiram Grange and the Digital Eucharist. I first met Gene at Readercon several years ago, and he gave the fledgling writer I was a lot of encouragement and advice.
After the con, Sara and I are heading to downtown Austin Sunday morning.
Still putting together the prodigious list of restaurants, food trucks, bars, and honky tonks that will occupy the remainder of the week. Casino el Camino is going to be a very early stop.
Oh, and bats!
These are the panels, parties, and readings I am hoping to get to. There may be other readings that I can manage to sneak in.
THURSDAY, APRIL 28
- OPENING CEREMONIES – 6:30 PM – Phoenix Central
- What Do Editors Want? – 8:00 PM -Thursday April 28 – Phoenix Central R.J. Cavender (M), Roy Robbins, Andrew Fuller, Liz Gorinsky
- What The Hell Happened in the 2000s? — 9:00 PM Thursday April 28 – Phoenix Central Monica O’Rourke, C. Mellick III, Brett Savory, F. Paul Wilson, Vincent Chong, John Everson (M), Gene O’Neill
- Reading – Jesse Bullington –9:00 PM Thursday April 28 – Robertson
FRIDAY, APRIL 29
- Pitch Workshop/Editor Meet-and-Greet – 10:00 AM Friday, April 29 – Dover’s Banquet Room
- Why Write Short Stories? — 11:00 AM Friday, April 29 – Phoenix Central Joe Hill, Suzanne Church, Orrin Grey, Claude Lalumière, Molly Tanzer (M), Brad Sinor
- Brian Keene Seminar — 1:00 – 5:00 PM Friday, April 29 – Boardroom
- Reading – Joe Lansdale 5:30 PM Friday April 29 – Robertson
- Guest of Honor Q&A – Jack Ketchum — 7:00 PM Friday, April 29 – Phoenix Central
- Grand Master Award Presentation 8:00 PM – 8:30 PM Friday, April 29 – Phoenix Central
- THE WHC CARNIVAL and Damnation Books–Book Launch 8:30 PM Friday, April 29 – Multiple Spaces
- Chizine Party — 10:00 PM Friday, April 29 – Convention Suite
SATURDAY, APRIL 30
- Vampire Mega-Panel — 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM Saturday, April 30 – Phoenix Central David Wellington, Nate Southard (M), Marcus Pelegrimas, Joe Garden, Colleen Anderson, Steve Niles,
- I’ll Kill You With My Bare Hands! (Well, Maybe a Gun…) –11:00 AM Saturday, April 30 – Dezavala Brian Keene, Joe Lansdale (M), Wrath James White, Hank Schwaeble, Lincoln Crisler, Sandra Wickham, Adam Coats
- Horror Without Stephen King — 1:00 PM Saturday, April 30 – Phoenix Central Jack Ketchum, Lawrence Person (M), Del Howison, William Nolan, Rocky Wood, Bev Vincent
- The End of Good Advice — 1:00 PM Saturday, April 30 – Dezavala Mikal Trimm, Ian Rogers (M), Vanessa Fewings, Peter Straub, Gord Rollo, Wayne Allen Sallee
- Book Launch – Bad Moon Books — 2:00 – 4:00 PM, Saturday, April 29 – Robertson
- The Future of the Book — 2:00 PM Saturday, April 30 – Phoenix Central Jeff Burk, Kim Glichrist, Sarah Langan (M), Robert Fleck, Joe Hill, Fred Venturini
- Guest of Honor Q&A – Sarah Langan — 3:00 PM Saturday, April 30 – Phoenix Central
- How To Break In To Comics — 4:00 PM Saturday, April 30 – Phoenix Central Steve Niles, Joe Hill, Brian Keene, Joe Lansdale, James Chambers
- Things We Used To Care About — 5:00 PM Saturday, April 30 – Dezavala Brian Keene (M), Chad Savage, Lois Gresh, Kelly Laymon, Rain Graves, Chad Hensley
- Reading – F. Paul Wilson — 5:30 PM Saturday April 30 – Robertson
- MASS SIGNING! — 7:30 – 10:00 PM Saturday, April 30 – Phoenix Central (I will have Chimp Head swag!)
- Cutting Block Press Party — 10:00 PM Saturday, April 30 – Convention Suite
SUNDAY, MAY 1
- Zombies Mega-Panel — 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM Sunday, May 1 – Dezavala Joe McKinney (M), RJ Sevin, Julia Sevin, Joe R. Lansdale, John Skipp, Sarah Langan