I’ve picked up a few books lately. I joined the Cemetery Dance Collectors Club, so I got several books in the intro package deal. Got a lifetime subscription to CD, too.
- Futile Efforts, Tom Piccirilli. Short stories by the master.
- Last Exit for the Lost, Tim Lebbon. More masterful short tales.
- British Invasion, ed. Christopher Golden, Tim Lebbon, James A. Moore. Some great British horror stories.
- Got to Kill Them All and Other Stories, Dennis Etchison
- Sims, Book Five: Thy Brother’s Keeper, F. Paul Wilson. Got this in a grab bag; wish it were Book One.
- Legacies, F. Paul Wilson. Repairman Jack!
- Wireless, Charles Stross. I’ve read a lot of these stories already, but I am really looking forward to “Palimpsest”
- The Audran Sequence, George Alec Effinger. An SFBC edition of the three cyberpunkish noir Audran novels, starting with the phenomenal When Gravity Fails.
- Kraken, China Miéville . Really looking forward to this.
I’ve been on a John Le Carré kick lately, busily reading through the Karla Trilogy. Picked up some older cheap HCs at Brattle Book Shop.
- Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
- The Honourable Schoolboy
- The Russia House
- The Perfect Spy
- The Secret Pilgrim
- The Dark Tower: Battle of Jericho Hill
- The Umbrella Academy: Apocalypse Suite, Gerard Way. Phenomenal debut comic.
- Spider-Man: The Complete Clone Saga Epic, Volume 1. First collection of the much maligned 90s’ Spidey event that I still have a fondness for. Yes, it spiraled out of control, but no worse than Brand New Day. Be forewarned, this collects issues in a weird reading order, revealing several key points immediately to the unwary.